Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happy to be back with a post……

APPLIQUED  LEAF CANDLESCAPE…....

After a long time I got the mojo to do some sewing,  and I wanted to do a quick finish .   Sometime back  while browsing through some crafty blogs I found a nice cozy table topper, which really inspired me to make  one.  The pattern was by Joan Grenke , featured in quilt mag  and it was made of  wool felt.

Since, I love doing  appliqué,  I thought I will do the same in appliqué  using fabric.   And  here’s the one I finished.

DSCN5722  

I have used cotton fabric for the leaf  which  is  appliquéd on the circular green fabric and the whole green circle  is again hand appliquéd onto the yellow printed fabric. 

My dear friend Nima gave me this idea to make a nice neat circle using square blocks, and I used the same method to make the  star shape around the circle.

Though a small project, I feel   happy that I started something after a long break,  and hope this mojo continues.

Please do send in your lovely, encouraging comments , It will really encourage me to do more.

2 comments:

  1. that looks like a lot of work to me!!beautiful I must say..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that looks lovely Preeta, beautiful idea wih star backing...

    ReplyDelete

Friends,
Your friendly comments and suggestions are my motivations. Please keep posting them, Thank you.